At TriLinc, we believe the alignment of meaningful financial return and positive social and economic impact mutually reinforces one another, and industry research has shown to support our position.
Studies, such as this, have found that many investment managers incorporate ESG factors as a way to enhance risk-adjusted returns and high ESG-rated companies exhibit market-based outperformance.
TriLinc employs a disciplined ESG screening process to assess a company's ESG policies and practices as a way to mitigate certain potential risks. TriLinc's impact tracking and reporting are designed to prove that capitalism can be used as a force for good.
Social and Governance
Impact Performance Goals
- Aligned with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Conform to the IFC Exclusion List
- Meet local and international laws and respective practices
- In compliance with local environmental, labor, health, safety and business laws
- Represent in writing their company’s ongoing commitment to ESG practices
- Environmental practices such as: energy savings, waste reduction and water conservation
- Social policies for fair hiring, compensation, maternity leave, community service and corporate donations
- Identify and track the GIIN’s IRIS metrics
Since 2013, we financed $867 million in term loans and trade finance transactions to enterprises in 31 developing economies that resulted in supporting over 33,103 permanent jobs.
- $ 315.2 M in term loans and trade finance
- 22 enterprises
- 15,328 permanent jobs
- 9 developing economies
- $ 394.2 M in term loans and trade finance
- 43 enterprises
- 16,987 permanent jobs
- 16 developing economies
- $ 145.2 M in term loans and trade finance
- 10 enterprises
- 784 permanent jobs
- 5 developing economies
- $ 12.7 M in term loans
- 1 enterprise
- 4 permanent jobs
- 1 developing economy
Inception to 2/28/18