TriLinc’s Chairman and CEO, Gloria Nelund, is a founding member of the Emerging Market Private Equity Association (“EMPEA”) Impact Investing Council.
TriLinc shares the belief of EMPEA and their members that private capital can deliver attractive long-term investment returns and promote the sustainable growth of companies and economies. Led by Patricia Dinneen, EMPEA Senior Advisor and veteran of Emerging Markets investing, the EMPEA Impact Investing Council was founded in 2013 to help educate and scale the impact investing industry. Since its founding, the Council has provided research and resources for professional investors considering how to build and/or expand institutional quality impact investing portfolios.
Goals and Achievements of the EMPEA Impact Investing Council include:
- Offering GPs a place to network and share new ideas, best practices and lessons learned
- Providing market research on the impact investing industry
- Offering LPs information about new products and general education about impact investing
- Maintaining a database of institutional quality impact investing private capital funds
- Building a rigorous evidence base, both quantitative and qualitative, with empirical data and case studies demonstrating the achievement of attractive financial returns as well as positive social and environmental benefits
- Publishing educational communications about impact investing in the form of white papers, book chapters, surveys, etc.
- Providing all industry players various opportunities for sharing and networking through meetings, conferences, receptions and interactive webinars
TriLinc believes that the EMPEA Impact Investing Council plays a vital role in the on-going development of the impact investing industry. As the leading global industry association for private capital in emerging markets, EMPEA brings together more than 300 firms who manage more than US $5 trillion in assets across nearly 60 countries1, and the Impact Investing Council has proven to be an effective facilitator for furthering the impact investing industry.
To learn more about EMPEA and the Impact Investing Council, click here.
1Source: www.empea.org as of 1/31/18.